Rolex is not the most expensive watch in the world, but it’s one of the best-known. As such, people automatically think Rolex watches are expensive when they see a Rolex for sale. But why do brands like Rolex brands command such high prices?
Well, I’m glad you asked! Here’s why:
1. Watches that carry the ‘Rolex name’ tend to hold their value well and maintain their resale price easier than other watches. This makes them good investments, especially if you buy new or like any second hand ones.
2. The brand itself has very good marketing and advertising techniques behind it, which ensures visibility to a large number of people, which makes it seem ‘cool’.
3. Rolex is famous for making quality products, which are made with high-grade materials and have a high standard of build quality for the price that they sell at, thus offering excellent value for money.
4. Rolex is known to use high-grade steel and precious metals in their watches such as rose gold and platinum, often giving them higher resale prices than other brands who may just be using stainless steel or even plastic!
5. Like most luxury items… you get what you pay for. As Rolex is one of the most expensive and best watch brands, they are often guaranteed to be better than other watches on the market at a similar price point, such as Cartier.
6. With regards to some vintage Rolex watches… you may be able to find some real bargains and get yourself a rare collectible with some money left over!
7. Being known as an ‘iconic’ brand, people want to own one because it helps them feel like part of something special by owning such a recognizable brand. This means many people will buy replicas or imitated Rolexes (often called Tag Heuer or Oris), but these won’t hold their resale value as the real deal will.
8. Rolex is known for having numerous patents and technical innovations, which means they can charge more because people are essentially paying for the research and development costs put into the watch. They also take pride in creating something entirely new rather than just modifying an existing design, as many other brands do… which ultimately sets them apart from those companies who copy designs from others.
The reason Rolex watches are so expensive is pretty simple. They’re luxury items and they’ve been around a long time.
In 1909 Hans Wilsdorf founded the Rolex Watch Company in London, England. It wasn’t until after World War I that Wilsdorf moved to Geneva, Switzerland where he set up his own watch company.
Rolex Sizes & Designs
Rolex watches come in all sorts of sizes and designs. One can choose from dress watches, sport watches, dive watches, racing chronographs and many more.
Rolex Materials: Rolex uses a number of materials to make these luxury timepieces including stainless steel, gold, and platinum.
Rolex Watch Movements
Rolex uses a number of movements to make their watches work. A few examples are the Caliber 3131, the Caliber 4130 and more.
Wherever you go in the world, chances are you’re going to see a Rolex watch. This is because they’re everywhere!
Brand Reputation: Rolex has an excellent reputation. The company is known around the world for creating well-crafted timepieces. They are also known for being reliable, accurate watches with movements made of quality materials. This has helped build their extremely loyal following over the years.
Where Are Rolex Watches Made?
Rolex watches are not made in Switzerland. They’re actually made in Germany by a company called Montres Tudor SA.
Quality of Materials Used in Rolexes
All Rolex watches are tested before they leave the company to make sure they meet strict standards. A few examples of those standards include waterproofness and a daily accuracy rate of -2/+2 seconds a day.
Replica vs. Real Rolex Watches
Rolex watches are expensive. The ones that are real, however, aren’t copies. There’s no such thing as a “Rolex replica.”
How Much Are Rolex Watches?
Rolex watches cost between $5,000 and $100,000 or more depending on the model you wish to buy.
What to Look Out for When Buying a Rolex Watch
There are a few things you should take into consideration when buying one. These include the price, where it’s made, what movement is inside of it, and so forth.
To summarise, Rolexes can be expensive if you want a brand that will always retain its resale value and maintain a high standard of quality through its lifetime with less risk of breaking down due to poor build quality.
If you want a Rolex that will always hold its value and be a good investment then you should check out our guide here.